Friday, May 20, 2011

Bacon Egg & Asparagus Salad




After a brief absence from French Fridays with Dorie I have made my return! This week's recipe was the Bacon, egg and asparagus salad. I loved everything about the salad except one thing... the runny egg yolk. I wimped out. I know I probably would have been fine but I just didn't trust the freshness of my eggs and well nobody was really into trying it. So I went with the old standard hard boiled eggs. I think the runny yolk probably adds to the flavor and consistency of the dressing that lacked a bit without it. Overall it looked nice and we all enjoyed it!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, it's okay....I wimped out on the runny egg yolk too! LOL. Tell me the above salad (with 4 eggs) is for the whole family, not just for you ;-). Looks fabulous, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm weird about yolks, too, so no worries! Your salad is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - you are in good company with the egg squeamishness! Glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wimped out on runny yolks, too - there was no way I could bring myself to do it. I found the salad wonderful, regardless.

    ReplyDelete